Fees are set in line with court tariffs. We’re adding value through our experience and our exceptional turnaround times.
The drawing fee for a bill of costs is calculated in accordance with the High Court and Magistrates’ Court tariffs:
High Court Bills
10% of the attorney’s fees, either as charged in the bill, if not taxed, or as allowed on taxation.
Magistrates’ Court Bills
5% of the attorney’s fees, either as charged in the bill, if not taxed, or as allowed on taxation.
Attorney and Client Bill of Costs
The drawing fee will be the same as High Court and Magistrates’ Court bills. We also attend to the drawing and opposing of bills of costs in respect of security for costs.
The taxation fee to tax a bill of costs is calculated in accordance with the High Court and Magistrates’ Court tariffs:
High Court Bills
Our fee for attending taxation of a High Court bill of costs is calculated on the total amount allowed on taxation as follows:
- 10% on the first R10,000, or portion thereof
- 5% on the next R10,000, or portion thereof
- 2% on the balance of the bill thereafter
Our fee for attending taxation of a Magistrates’ Court bill of costs is calculated at 5% of the amount allowed on taxation.
- When a bill of costs is settled by us two or more days before the matter is set down for taxation, only the drawing fee of the bill will be charged.
- When a bill of cost is settled by us two days or less of the taxation being enrolled, the drawing fee and attendance fee will be charged.
- On special request, we will attend to the settlement, opposing or taxation of a bill of cost, which was not drafted by AZ Legal Cost Consultants, but such service will be subject to a special fee agreement.
Our fee for opposing a bill of costs is calculated at 10% of the savings on the completed allocatur after taxation (10% of the difference between the completed taxed allocatur and completed untaxed allocatur).
All invoices are payable within 30 days after receipt thereof. We are not registered VAT vendors and therefore do not charge VAT.
Free file collection and delivery from and to any office in Johannesburg, Pretoria and Polokwane.
Turnaround time of your instructions is vital. We always strive to complete your instruction as quickly as possible without compromising the quality of our work.
Clients may terminate instructions to us in writing at any time. Any work completed up to the date of notice of termination will be invoiced.
We treat all information passed to us with utmost confidentiality. Unless required by law, we will not knowingly or intentionally disclose any information to third parties without your explicit instruction and authorisation.